Sunday, June 2, 2013

Fitness & Martial Arts training boot camp

Monday, May 27, 2013

Day 1

Got up by 6:00, slept pretty well actually after falling asleep about 11:00
Beach walk with a five minute run at the end from 6:30-7:30
Ate baby banana & drank electrolytes.
Rest
8:30. Circuit training workout using own body weight & minimal equipment. Sit-ups, squats, push-ups, crunches, lunges, etc.
9:30. Muesli for breakfast with more fruit than I normally eat in a week: Grapes, apples, banana, yogurt & a bit of oats



1:00 lunch. Chicken breast & green lettuce w/lite oil/vinegar dressing.

4:30. Muay Thai boxing training one on one.

5:30 dinner. Bits of beef & cabbage salad

6:30. Wing Tsun Kung Fu self defense training.

7:30. Fruit plate: kiwi, apple, banana

8:30 Thai massage: hurt & felt like another workout with lots stretching. Not relaxing!


Day 2
6:30 Beach walk/run

8:30 Same workout but more intense. & I am so sore!

10:00 Breakfast: muesli, same but with kiwi instead of grapes

11:00 Klaus took me by motorbike to the spa where I did the detox. I had to drink something orange first. A small Thai woman put some kind of electrode wrap around my leg & gave me a massage. Then she closed this machine over my body, which heated up & she massaged my feet or head almost the whole time. Interesting, & much more enjoyable massage.
This link explains the detox program: http://www.soqi.co.za/

1:00 Lunch: lettuce w/ steak

4:30 Muay Thai kick boxing, got right into it today since I know the moves now: jab (left), punch (right), elbow hits, side kicks, blocks w/ knee up, push kick. Sweaty & more of a cardio workout!

5:30 Dinner: canned tuna over cabbage salad with broccoli & vegs

6:00 Wing Tsun training, learning more moves & practicing

8:00 Fruit plate: apple, banana


Day 3

Could not sleep at all! Ugh. Still seem to have energy.

6:30 Beach walk included temple steps at Monkey Mtn, then sprints

8:30 stretching & breathing at the end instead of body circuit training, much easier & needed because I'm SORE!

10:00 Breakfast was scrambled eggs w/onions & bits of bacon & a dry piece of brown seedy bread. Was excited for some carbs, but bread was not good. liked the eggs ok though, especially when I added a little ketchup.

10:30 went by songthaew, then local bus to outlets for shopping with Natalie (an Aussie lady here for a partial fitness program, used to be a cop). We went looking for a sports bra since I'm running more now; this is not an easy find in Thailand. First of all there was a huge selection & more bras in one store than I've ever seen. But all were lacy or delicate looking & tiny. The largest size was 34 C. Thai women are small in general, apparently have no breasts & don't exercise. So they had no real sports bras, but I found one that looks functionable, probably for young girls, since it has Minnie Mouse on it & is small but will have to do. There were several Disney choices?? In the Adidas section they had a picture of a woman in a sports bra, but when we pointed to it & asked for it, they said "no have".
We got the bus & songthaew back to camp in time for lunch

Lunch: mango salad w/peanuts (called som tam & a popular Thai dish but normally very spicy) & chicken ..actually tasty, I liked it.



Break to relax until dinner, uploaded pics & tried to nap but fell asleep 5 min before I had to get up. really starting to feel tired from no sleep, hence no recovery.

4:00. Muay Thai kick boxing. I am am getting to really like it & having fun with it. Getting stronger & faster & adding new skills each day, today: uppercuts.

5:15 dinner: minced pork with mint & onion. On side cucumbers & whole sprigs of mint or other herbs, Klaus told me to eat them, stalks and all.

6:00. Wing Tsun practicing self defense moves, got Klaus to explain to me why we do all the fancy hand work which seems a bit artsy. There's a purpose to it all of course, but I need to know the reasoning behind it. It was only about an hour tonight instead of 90 minutes. Thank goodness, I'm exhausted.

8:00 Thai massage by Dah, I think she took it a bit easier on me, since I told her I'm really sore. Didn't hurt as much as the first.

Evening dessert (ha!) : watermelon & pineapple, nice change-up!


Day 4

6:30 morning beach walk/run with evil stairs. I haven't slept and am so tired. Had to really drag myself out of bed. Not much energy to push myself today.

8:30 circuit training, still sore but getting into the routine. Want to sleep.

10:00 muesli breakfast

11:00 detox treatment

1:00. Lunch: whole fish with some carrots, cabbage, green beans, plain.



4:00 Muay Thai. Not as much energy to kick & punch as hard. It's definitely a good cardio workout.

5:15 dinner: bits of grilled chicken with green lettuce salad.

6:00 Wing Tsun self defense. Learned part 4, worked on knocking away an arm, then spinning to punch kidneys. Wow, I hope I never have to actually do that.

8:00 protein shake & kiwi.


Day 5

Finally got some sleep! Muscles still fatigued though.
6:30 beach walk, evil steps twice! Run back over half way.

8:30. Circuit training. Klaus is pushing me, sits ups a little easier, so I'm doing more each day.

10:00 breakfast: guess...muesli! It tastes good, but it's a huge bowl & takes me a while to eat.
Never before felt like I had to get my food all down. Thinking Sunday on my off day I will let myself have at least one good meal, with carbs & all! Had dreams of eating pasta.

break mid-day. Getting laundry done each day for $1, since I didn't bring many work out clothes, didn't anticipate needing two sets a day. They are getting soaked through with sweat!

1:00 lunch beef & salad

4:30 Muay Thai boxing

5:30 pork chop & salad

6:00 Wing Tsun training. I started pouring rain, the first real rain I've seen here in Hua Hin. It cooled things down a bit. I learned parts 5-8 tonight, and practiced with Gerardo, the hottie Spaniard.

Klaus' son was supposed to be fighting Muay Thai tonight, but it was cancelled due to the rain. It's an indoor venue, but since most Thai people ride motorbikes instead of driving cars, the promoter cancelled thinking not many would come. It is rescheduled for next Friday. I am torn between wanting to go to see what it's all about & trying to understand the culture of it, & really hating the idea of seeing fighting. I don't understand how Klaus & especially his wife Valerie, could stand to see their son in a fight. They claim because he is young they do not have much strength yet, & it's lucky to actually see a knock out. Lucky? I can't stand the thought of people hurting each other & especially until one knocks the other out, let alone kids.

8:00 torture - I mean Thai massage -by Dah, really painful again, I was gritting. my teeth through half of it. They say the pain is a good thing though, means she's working out the muscles.

9:00 protein shake & dragon fruit

Day 6
Saturday is a bit of an easier day due to no early beach walk/run. So I stayed in bed a bit longer - nice!

8:30 stretching & breathing. Still sore but not as bad.

10:00 eggs again for breakfast

11:00 detox treatment






The detox center is near a huge shopping arena, Market Village, so I walked over to check it out. It's a very modern 3 story mall with a cinema & bowling alley. I ran into Natalie, so after a bit of shopping we shared a songthaew back to camp.



Lunch: Som Tam with chicken again, yummy.

4:00 Muay Thai kickboxing, strength training.

5:15 dinner: bits of chicken & lettuce salad.

6:00 Wing Tsun. Practicing 1-8 now & learning blitz defense moves. Be fast & hit!

After a shower I headed into town with Natalie to check out the night market. There is so much good food & I am seeing mango sticky rice everywhere! So hard to resist! Didn't buy a lot, feet hurting & we went back to camp at a reasonable hour.



Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Palapon Camp

No comments:

Post a Comment