

Wow, it's pouring here! I just saw a flash of lightning & immediately after the loudest boom of thunder seemed to shake my cabin. I'm in my mosquito netted bed, with both the front & back doors open to let the cool air flow through. It seemed especially hot & humid just before the storm, while I was starting my Muay Thai lesson. The weather has cooled significantly & I actually stood in the rain for a couple minutes to cool down my body temperature after the workout. The rain water was refreshingly chilly.

The thunder continues to roll & I can hear the boys boxing over in the outdoor gym. There are two little ones, age 9 & 14 (but look younger & small), who Valerie & Klaus have just taken into their home. They were orphaned for a while & living in a temple, then just recently moved back in with their parents, which apparently is a terrible situation. The older boy was already working construction with his alcoholic father. Klaus has convinced the parents that the boys will be living at a Muay Thai camp & learning to fight, which the boys love, & it pleases the parents that they're learning the sacred tradition here in Thailand. Klaus & Valerie have gotten school uniforms & are putting them both in school again.
I feel happy that some of the money I'm spending here is directly going to help these boys as well as all the animals this couple has rescued. There is Mafia, a dog which had been hit by a car & has now recovered all but his ego; Yakuza was found as a small pup all alone on the beach & is the sweetest dog, he was named after the Japanese mafia to go along with his buddy; the two of them play most of the day. There is a mother cat & her 2 kittens, all very well behaved; & the newest white cat that just showed up with a major injury on its front leg. Valerie has taken him to the vet several times now & he's doing much better, also has one blue & one green eye & was named Alby, since he looks albino. Apparently I've heard that they also rescued something like 9 beach ponies; & finally there are four rabbits out back in a nice caged home, one of which gave us some entertainment today when he escaped & I had to help try to corner him. So of course I love all the animals, & I think Klaus & Valerie are wonderfully huge hearted to take all these creatures in, not to mention the 2 boys who as of yesterday are actually living in their home.

Mafia

Yakuza

My Thai shower on my back patio. It's actually quite refreshing to use between workouts, but at the end of the day I go for the shower with running water.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
Location:Palapon, Hua Hin
No comments:
Post a Comment