Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Kota Kinabalu, Borneo

I have crossed the South China Sea & landed in the North Eastern part of Borneo, the state of Sabah, still part of Malysia. From the Perhentian islands I took a boat, an overnight bus, then a taxi, a train to the airport, a 3 hour flight, & then a taxi to my hotel. What a trip!
I am excited for all the wildlife & adventure here. I spent the day wandering the streets and perusing the markets in the capital of Sabah, Kota Kinabalu. The city is small & right on the water with lots of markets in the streets. I arranged a few tours for the upcoming days here, including a trip to see Mt. Kinabalu, the highest peak in SE Asia.

Mt. Kinabalu


Jungle canopy walkway 1500 ft up in the trees


Poring hot springs





Mt. Kinabalu
Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment