From Bangkok we flew to Phuket, then took a private van to the very fancy La Meridian Resort where we had a villa with our own private pool. We got there in time for happy hour which was our first meeting with the baby elephant that lives nearby & comes around a couple times a day. So cute!

Nichole & I were so happy to be at the beach!

Nichole & I had hoped to go diving out in the Similian Islands, but unfortunately they closed the islands for low season. Khao Lak was very quiet in May, not much going on so we stayed at the resort & enjoyed a few days of luxury & beach. Nichole & I took a songthaew & tried to go out on Saturday night, but all the bars & restaurants were empty & closing by 10:00.
So we enjoyed skinny dipping our private pool & drinks on our huge veranda. We actually had 4 showers in the place & a bathtub. I loved all the frangipani & other tropical flowers around the resort. We had breakfast included for two, so we took turns going, it was a huge buffet with all kinds of Thai dishes normally served for lunch or dinner. I enjoyed the fresh fruit juices & pretzel bread.
One day Marla & I walked the beach, had lunch & enjoyed a spa day in another fancy villa. We saw a monitor run by & into the water. Another day Dane & I walked the beach & collected shells, then enjoyed the big pool with Nichole. We all contemplated what it must have been like to be there during the tsunami. Apparently this area & resort were hit pretty hard.

-



We found a restaurant on the beach at another resort down from our hotel to enjoy a sunset dinner.


Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
No comments:
Post a Comment