
After a brief stop for rest anchored in Cozumel, we made it to the gorgeous island called Isla Mujeres. We were hoping to do a quick turnaround, spend a day, get gas, supplies etc to get going to make it in time for Tampa. Captain Renan however, decided to stay to get the boat worked on here. So I'll be flying to Tampa instead. It may actually be for the best, the good part is that now I have a few more days to spend here in Mexico, plus I wont be worrying my mom about the 3-4 day passage at sea with no stops.

The island is more built up and busier than I expected, although it is Semana Santa, when all Latins go on vacation. There are lots of little shops and restaurants along the colorful streets. There are cars here, but many of the tourists cruise around in golf carts. The main beach area is lined with small resorts all with spas on the beach. As elsewhere in Mexico, hawkers pass by every minute or two trying to sell their wares, including cigars, handmade jewelry, and nuts.


The soft white sand beaches were packed with locals, and many had boats anchored out in front of the resort area, partying for the holiday weekend.
Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
No comments:
Post a Comment