Saturday, August 21, 2010

Argentina for a day

The tour group crossed into Argentina to see the falls, & luckily we had a beautiful sunny day, nearly exact opposite weather from the day before. I have decided the Argentine side is better to view the falls, there is a lot more to see & beautiful jungle walks along the way. I was also happy to be in a Spanish speaking country again; amazing how just across the border they don't understand one another's language. I walked all through the park & took a boat over to a little island for more views while the rest of the group took a boat tour into the falls, which I had previously done. The sun created spectacular rainbows & it was a beautiful day.
In the evening a few of us went out for a real Brazilian Churrasceria. There was a huge salad bar to start, a hot food bar with sides & spaghetti, & the waiters came around with many kinds of meat for us to try, including some great cuts of beef, pork, & even chicken hearts. To finish it off there was a dessert bar with at least 25 varieties of sweets; our agreed favorite was the passion fruit cake. Everything was delicious, & everyone went back to the hotel with a belly ache from overindulging.























No comments:

Post a Comment