
There are so many Chinese people traveling over here. They all wear life jackets in the water since they don't swim, and several were vomiting their lunch on the boat between the snorkel trips. No one seems to speak much English, and the last several days I haven't met any other Westeners. I haven't even seen any other Americans here.

Sunday I went to the big morning market and bought lots of souvenirs for gifts. Then I got a bus headed to Sepilok, where I stayed in the Jungle resort to see the Orangutan Rehabilitation center the next day. There were lots of monkeys to see there, including many pig tail macaques. There is a feeding at 10:00, when they all gather & can be observed from a viewing platform. Then they filter off into the surrounding jungle, but I stuck around and several of the orangutans wandered up to the path. One curiously approached me and tried to get my hair band off my wrist. The guard yelled at the few of us to stay back and watch to prevent the orangutans grabbing our cameras. This particular orangutan was apparently accustomed to people and not afraid of me. He wanted to interact with us. It was also entertaining to see the others swinging through the trees and the younger monkeys playing games together.





Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
No comments:
Post a Comment