On my second day here I rented a bicycle to make the trek down the coast to Manzanilla, a quieter beach area. It was lush, flowering rainforest all the way, but rough road smattered with potholes. I took some side roads to see views of Punta Uva, a rarely visited beach area. The ride was hot but so peaceful. I finally arrived in Manzanilla & got some lunch overlooking the ocean. As I wandered out to find a good spot to swim, I ran into the Spanish couple I had met on the boat from Tortuguero. We swam for a while, then got a refreshing fresh fruit smoothie, I tried an interesting one with ginseng & Ginger. We rode back together, hurrying to make it to town before dark. However I spotted a troop of black howler monkeys in some trees near the street, & we had to stop to watch them. After a couple minutes they wandered closer & we were able to see 2 babies frolicking alongside their mothers.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
No comments:
Post a Comment