


So happy to wake up in a comfy bed & have my own room! I needed some exercise so I went for a walk through town & then all the way to the end of the beach & back. It is a huge, wide, beautiful beach. I went back to get quickly changed into my suit for a swim, the water's great here! What a great way to start the day. There weren't many people out in the morning, & I was able to walk the streets without getting hassled too badly by the locals who constantly try to sell you something & even try to pull you into their stores - literally. They are very aggressive.
Carly wanted to get a pedi so I went with her & got a massage, full body for $7. Only problem: it was a lady boy who gave me the massage. It was very obviously a man - Adams apple & all. She had a really long black wig & her hair kept brushing me - ugh. Although I couldn't fully relax, it was a good massage, but probably my last in Thailand.
Carly & I then met up with Will for lunch: pineapple shake, Thai iced tea, spring rolls & glass noodles. Afterwards I went to check out some dive shops. I found a big one that looked reputable & booked a 3 dive all day boat trip on Friday - can't wait. Most of the others from the group will be gone by then & I hopefully won't have this cold any longer. The entire group woke up a few days ago & everyone had identical complaints of a cold we apparently all picked up.
I walked back down the beach & saw Allison & went for a swim. We ran into Tahn, who's staying at another hotel, & we all went to dinner at an authentic Italian restaurant. Later we walked along the beach - still lots going on even at night. People were setting off fireworks & lanterns. I decided to light a lantern, they light a fire inside & when its just right they let you raise it & make a wish. The lanterns drift up like mini hot air balloons & you can see them float high into the night sky. A little further down the beach we saw some restaurants right on the sand, & one of them had taro balls listed for dessert - my favorite! So of course we stopped & everyone got some kind of Thai dessert. I ordered a mango sticky rice take away for breakfast. I am now content. Except that when I got back to my room I had a visitor in my bathroom - a cockroach. They are apparently very common & huge here - yuck. The guy at the desk of the hotel came to take care of it for me right away thankfully.
No comments:
Post a Comment